______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
- Join us on Friday, October 17, during tutorial, for a light breakfast and to sign up for Grad Nite. A minimum of $40.00 is needed to secure your seat on the bus. Any students paying the full price of $195.00, on October 17, will be entered into a raffle for a new iPod. Please bring your signed permission slips (3) with your deposit. Extra forms can be located in the office, or on the Aptos High Grad Nite page, under seniors. http://www.aptoshs.net/GradNite
- The Yearbook Staff needs your help to create the BEST SENIOR SECTION EVER! Here's what we need from you:
- A favorite QUOTE, submitted ONLINE (NOT through your English teacher)
- A Baby picture (or one from early childhood), submitted ONLINE
- Be sure you have had your Senior portrait taken by the Van Zantes
A flyer with all of the information and the links you need will be distributed this week during tutorial. Please see Ms. Aronovici if you have any questions! The deadline for all is Friday, October 31.
SEE GUIDANCE SECTION...for updatedcollege visits coming up.
____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
JV AND VARSITY LACROSSE PLAYERS...
- Come meet you new head coach at this Sunday's open field. Meet at the field at 6:00 pm.
__________________MARINER BULLETIN__________________ Thursday, October 16, 2014
SATURDAY SCHOOL WILL BE HELD on OCTOBER 18, 2014
- The school's internet will be suspended for all students who have not turned in the agreement form (page 1) of their Student Planner. Service will not be activated until it is turned into Mr. Slyder.
If you are interested in purchasing an autographed copy of one or both of the books by the amazing authors who visited here on Thursday, Cheryl has them in the library. The library will receive 15% of any sales.
DO YOU WRITE? DO YOU DRAW?...Now's the your chance to get your work published through our school's first literary magazine! We meet every Tuesday in Mrs. Barrick's room (E-200) at lunch.
- Students...please consider joining a club. It's a great way to get connected on campus. Next Thursday 10/23 is Club Carnival; please come on down to the lower quad, learn various clubs, and bring some extra cash for food or other souvenirs.
Clubs, if you are planning to participate in the Club Carnival next Thursday 10/23, please submit your request form to ASB E101 by THIS Thursday 10/16 or have your advisor email Ms. Wright."
ATTENTION ALL CLUBS...If you are actively meeting, you must have a completed Club Charter Packet turned into ASB. If you do not have one completed, come to the ASB room (E-101) and pick up a packet to complete asap. Clubs are not permitted to meet without all completed forms.
- NEED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS...Check the Community Service section below.
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
- Santa Clara University will be visiting AHS on Friday, October 24th at lunchtime in the Library.
- Friday, October 17th Willamette University at lunchtime in the Library
- Tuesday, October 21st at 2:00 in the quad Occidental College.
- Prescott College will be visiting Aptos High on Tuesday, October 21st at lunchtime in the Library.
- Cabrillo College Tuesday, October 28th at lunch in the Library. Also, on that Tuesday University of Colorado, Boulder will be here from 2:15 from 3:15 in the main quad.
- Whitman College (Washington) on Tuesday, October 28 in the LIbrary at lunch
Thursday, October 30th, Menlo College during break in the lower quad (this is the only time he could come to AHS and I assume there's more foot-traffic in quad at break since his visit will be super short.)
- Chapman College will be visiting AHS on Monday, November 3rd at lunchtime in the Library.
- SP Jain Global College Wednesday, November 5th 11:45 - 12:30 in the quad.
- University of Redlands on Wednesday, November 5th at noon in the quad
UC Merced will be visiting us during college and career week (Nov 3-7th) during tutorial in the PAC. On Friday
November 7th, UC will be speaking about all UC systems. All students are welcome, you must have a tutorial pass, so plan ahead.
- CSU San Jose will be visiting us during college and career week (Nov 3-7th) during tutorial in the PAC
- On Monday, November 3rd at the end of the day the University of Hawaii will visit.
- Mills College will be in the Library at lunch on Monday, November 3rd, along with Chapman College.
- LaVerne University will be visiting AHS on Tuesday, November 4th at lunchtime in the Library.
- University of Oregon will be here On Wednesday, November 5th during break in the main quad.
On Thursday, November 6th, CSU will be speaking about all CSU systems. All students are welcome, you must have a tutorial pass, so plan ahead.
Friday, November 7th University of San Francisco at lunchtime in the Library
Students take a moment and go check these schools, you never know what's out there until you look!
New Counseling Staff from PVPSA!
We just wanted to introduce ourselves; we're the new counselors from PVPSA. We are all really excited to be here to lend our support, insight, and caring to your personal journey this school year. ...more
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.