__________________MARINER BULLETIN__________________ TUESDAY, MAY 3, 2016
There will be Saturday school, SATURDAY, May 7, 2016
DETENTION is held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 - 4:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 1:00 - 2:00 pm. There is no detention on Fridays.
REMINDER TO ALL MARINERS...All absences must be cleared within 72 hours. Any absences not cleared by then will result in a Saturday School. Call Attendance to clear at Ext. 5291.
- Looking for a Summer job? Sun shops is here today! They will be at the quad during break and lunch, stop by if you're interested!
- Attention Red Cross Club Members! Meetings have been changed to Tuesdays for the remainder of the year!
- All Hands on Deck! The First Annual AHS Mariner Games have arrived! Get a partner and sign up @ Mr. Rubi's, Mr. Hewett's and Mrs. Perkin's School Loop Website. The Mariner Games are a 10 event partner challenge for the brave, daring and courageous! Main event will be held May 14th, sign up early to ensure a t-shirt size. Final round will be held May 19th. For more info talk to Mr. Rubi, Mr. Hewett or Mrs. Perkins. ALL HANDS ON DECK! Space is limited, so sign up now for the AHS 2016 Mariner Games!
- Grad night tickets on sale! $45 in advance, $50 at the door, options to pay on PayPal, bring a check to the office or on sale in the quad on Mondays.
- Still need those community hours? Volunteer for the 36th annual Human Race Saturday, May 7th! For more information contact [email protected] or https://humanracesc.org/
- ATTENTION SENIORS! Make sure you turn in ALL your senior forms-- including your seating request to Ms. Wright in E101 or the main office by this FRIDAY, May 6th!
- Aquatics Team is looking for new team members! There will be a Lifeguard certification May 27, registration is now open. This would be a great opportunity for students to complete their volunteer hours or a great first job! Contact [email protected]
- Did you know that only 800 yearbooks are printed each year? As of this writing, there are only 230 copies left! Don't miss your opportunity to own a copy of this one of a kind memory book. The price is currently $95 & yearbooks can be purchased two ways! Through Julie Locatelli in the main office (cash or check; payment plans available) OR online at http://www.jostens.com (credit cards).
- Aptos Sailing Club! There will be a Scholastic Sailing Open House on Saturday, May 7th from 1- 4 pm at the Santa Cruz Yacht Club on Fourth Avenue in Santa Cruz. You will see videos, pictures and be able to check out our fleet of 2-person race boats. Aptos High has had a team of students racing in all recent years as have our local rival schools. Please visit and go to http://www.scyc.org for more information.
- Sophomores and juniors who signed up to take Marine Biology: space is running out on the Catalina Island Marine Institute! Get information in D-208 today.
- JUNIORS...Attendance and tardy issues not cleared by the end of the school year will carryover to your Senior year.
____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
- The boardwalk is hiring big this season! Apply online and find out what the latest openings are at www.beachboardwalk.com/jobs
- Would you like to have a fun job working at the Beach Boardwalk this summer? MARINI'S at the BEACH is looking for energetic sales associates to hire for the season. You could gain work experience, extra money, build new relationships and be part of an awesome team. Part-time and full time seasonal shifts are open for March 21st thru September 5th. Sales associates merchandise and sell candy, nuts and beverages at 7 locations on the boardwalk. Apply in person at 400 Beach Street (next to the arcade), send an email or resume to [email protected] or pick up an application in the office (by Silvia's desk).
Twisselman Enterprises at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is now hiring students. For great pay, flexible schedules and lifetime memories, apply at www.twisselman.com or call 426-7333 for more info. Starting pay: over 18: $11.25 16-17 year olds: $11.00 14-15 year olds: $10.25
Dog walking opportunities in Aptos, Rio del mar area. Call Nancy Phelps for more information (831) 688-1075.
Baby sitting opportunities, contact Hannah Wilson (831)596-4874.
____________COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES____________
NEED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS?
Do you have an interest in working with children, early childhood development, pr, marketing, outreach or exhibit design?...Then spend some time volunteering at the Santa Cruz Museum Of Discovery. Please see your counselor for more information!
Santa Cruz Public Library is looking for volunteers for their library. Contact Jason Pell, SCPL Assistant Volunteer coordinator at [email protected], 427-7700 x7615.
Are you great with technology? use your skills with technology and social media to assist seniors with their digital devices. For more info contact Desiree at [email protected] or call 427-5066. (Watsonville Hospital Senior Center, 75 Nielson Street, Watsonville)
Reading Buddies Project is looking for reading tutors for grades K-2 and is open to youth ages 11-18. For more info contact Desiree Farnal at [email protected] 427-5066.
Non paid Hours completed at an agency or organization will count as Community Service.
|Organization||Contact Person||Min. Age|
|Volunteer Centers of Santa Cruz||www.scvolunteercenter.org|
|Adelante (AKA) La Manzana Community||Saul Ramos/Olivia Martinez 724-2997, Ext. 202||16|
|City of Watsonville||Site Administrator for each site||N/A|
|City of Watsonville Volunteer Program||Watsonville Civic Plaza www.ci.watsonville,ca.us Application||N/A|
|Community Alliance w/Family Farmers||Jenny Hansen 761-8507 or c/254-3112||N/A|
|Elkhorn Slough Foundation||Jack or Marian 728-2822||N/A|
|Graffiti Removal Project||Jerry Shanahan 722-7771||N/A|
|Junior Volunteers||Anna Amorim 722-6708||11|
|PV Children's Center||Sandra/Christina 722-3737||12|
|PVUSD||School Site Administrator at any school site||N/A|
|Salud Para La Gente||Annette Grant 239-1796||N/A|
|Santa Cruz County Fair||Judy/Yvette 724-5671||16|
|Santa Cruz Outdoor Science School||Dan Dickman 728-6390, Ext. 241||16|
|Second Harvest Food Bank||Erika Flores 662-0991||14|
|Watsonville First United Methodist Church||Rev. Robin Mathew-Johnson 724-4434||N/A|
|YwCA Thrift Shop||Ginny 724-6078|
|YWCA Child Care||768-0900||16|
|YWCA McQuiddy||Gail Knapp 763-0624||17|
|YWCA of Watsonville||Mireya Gomez 724-6078, Ext. 104||16|
|Youth Center||Juan Mendoza 728-6126||N/A|
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
New Counseling Staff from PVPSA!
We just wanted to introduce ourselves; we're the new counselors from PVPSA. We are all really excited to be here to lend our support, insight, and caring to your personal journey this school year. ...more
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.
All students who do not have a 1st, 5th or 6th period class but are at school because of bus transportation must go to the library. Students may not “wander around” or “hang out” around the campus. Thank you for your cooperation