______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
- ATTENTION SENIORS...The Annual senior panorama photo will be taken this Thursday during tutorial. Please report to your tutorial and then walk with your teacher down to the stadium. Be prepared to take direction and pay attention so out photographer can get the best possible shot. Remember, any inappropriate clothing or gestures will be removed from the photo, so keep it clean and have fun out there!
- Please fill out the scholarship page under Guidance -/Paying for College-Aptos High School Website. Also, Seniors, if you are planning on attending Cabrillo College full time in the Fall, please fill out their scholarship listed on their website. Most scholarships were due Feb 23rd, while others are March 2nd. See Steve Ortiz for further information (library on Tuesdays)
Cabrillo College Application is open for Seniors who will be attending in the Fall of 2015. Please submit your application via online through Cabrillo College website:
____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN THE TRACK AND FIELD TEAM. COME MEET US AT THE BLEACHERS EVERY DAY AT 3:15 PM.
__________________MARINER BULLETIN__________________ THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2015
WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2015
Today, Thursday, February 26th, at lunch during the Club Carnival "RISE ABOVE" will have a dunk tank by the flag pole where Mr. Slyder will be waiting to be dunked! The highest bidder will have the great honor of dunking Mr. Slyder first. Starting at the beginning, whoever has the largest dollar amount within the first five minutes will have the reserved right to dunking Mr. Slyder. All proceeds will go to the RISE ABOVE club.
Friday, February 27th, is the deadline to complete the local scholarship application. Any applications received after that date can not be considered. Please visit the scholarship page on the AHS website to complete your application.
Cabrillo College is offering an outstanding opportunity for our students at Aptos High School. They will be offering a free 3-hour fun shop on Accelerated Learning Techniques for Students on Thursday, February 26th, at Cabrillo College in room 450 from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm. This fun shop is designed to teach high school and college students how their brain learns and how they can use that information to learn more effectively. Students will leave with a variety of tools and techniques that will allow them to achieve more with less effort. Here is a link to a flyer with more information:
If you have any questions, please email Joe McCullough at www.drjoemccullough.com or call him at 479-6521.
PROM BIDS...are on sale...buy them early before the price goes up. Pick up permission slips in the office, ASB room or in the quad!
Mariners!...Club Carnival is this Thursday in the Main Quad at lunch so bring money for treats and games!
Tickets still available for this Friday's game at KP Arena in downtown SC...$25 per ticket, this is a fundraiser for our class...Come to G-103 tomorrow during 5th or email me back if you want your tickets delivered!...If you know anyone who wants to go, a friend, family member, etc., please let me know...Thanks!
Study abroad in Spain, France, Italy, Costa Rica or China for college credit. With SPI programs, the traditional classroom takes a backseat to exciting activities around the city, conversations with locals and weekend journeys where history, art and culture come to life! For more information, visit spiabroad.com or call 866-502-7505. Enrollment & Scholarship Deadline: March 1, 2015.
PubicHealth.org recently added a resource guide to volunteering in public health and other career paths you might be interested in. Check out http://www.publichealth.org/volunteering/ for more information.
- SEE JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR JOBS AT THE BOARDWALK!
SEE COMMUNITY SERVICE FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS.
Monday, February 26
AP Calc Meeting, D-102,
* For every 3 tardies a detention must be served and for every 5 uncleared absences a Saturday School must be served. It is the student's responsibility to keep track of their attendance.
* REMEMBER MARINER STUDENTS... It is you responsibility to attend Saturday School if assigned. Students who fail to attend their assigned Saturday School will be assigned On-Campus Suspension or Out-of-School Suspension. Please check in at the Student Services Office if you have questions. Thank you. Mr Slyder
All students who do not have a 1st, 5th or 6th period class but are at school because of bus transportation must go to the library. Students may not “wander around” or “hang out” around the campus. Thank you for your cooperation
- Whiting's Foods on the Boardwalk is now hiring for weekends, spring break and of course summer time!! This is a job that's fun, pays great and has some schedule flexibility and you'll know a lot of the Crew. We are currently seeking individuals 16 years of age and over. Positions fill fast so it is best to contact us soon...especially since there will be a drawing for $500 for all new crew who apply by March 15th. For more info call 423-1890 or the website at www.whitingsfoods.com.
- The Boardwalk is hiring game and ride operators (Yeah, I can’t believe we’re hiring this early either.) The job starts on the 21st of December for weekend work. You can apply online at their website www.beachboardwalk.com For more info contact Tish Denevan [mailto:[email protected]]
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
New Counseling Staff from PVPSA!
We just wanted to introduce ourselves; we're the new counselors from PVPSA. We are all really excited to be here to lend our support, insight, and caring to your personal journey this school year. ...more
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.
UPCOMING MARINER PARENT EVENTS
____________COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES____________
NEED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS?
#1 I am the president of the home and school club at Bradley Elementary, a non profit organization. We need volunteers to help with our festival May 16th. Volunteers can get at least 8 hours (possibly more!) to help with set up (the day before as well as the day of), and to run games/booths and break down/clean up.
#2 I also am looking for someone for two hours every second Tuesday of the month to help with child care for our Home and School club meetings. Please let me know...