______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
- The AHS Local Scholarship Application is now open. There are a variety of scholarships and there may be one that fits you. Please click on the Local Scholarship Application Link on the AHS Homepage and fill out your application today. (2/27)
- Please fill out the scholarship page under Guidance -/Paying for College-Aptos High School Website. Also, Seniors, if you are planning on attending Cabrillo College full time in the Fall, please fill out their scholarship listed on their website. Most scholarships are due Feb 23rd, while others are March 2nd. See Steve Ortiz for further information (library on Tuesdays)
Cabrillo College Application is open for Seniors who will be attending in the Fall of 2015.
Please submit your application via online through Cabrillo College website:
- The Boardwalk is hiring game and ride operators (Yeah, I can’t believe we’re hiring this early either.) The job starts on the 21st of December for weekend work. You can apply online at their website www.beachboardwalk.com For more info contact Tish Denevan [mailto:[email protected]]
- Attention students interested in being a Lifeguard at Simpkins Swim Center this summer:
Simpkins is offering a Lifeguard Training course over our Winter Break. The class costs $310 for county residents and it will prepare you to apply to be a lifeguard this summer…and earn $15.99 an hour! For more info contact aquatics coordinator Rebecca Hurley at 454-7930.
Simpkins Lifeguarding Class—January 5-9, 2015 (8:30-5:00 each day)
The dates of the course are M-F January 5-9, 2015 8:30am – 5:00pm each day.
Successful participants will receive a 2 year certificate from American Red Cross in Lifeguarding & CPR/AED as well as a 3 year certificate in First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22).
The cost of the course is $310 for County Residents and $341 for non-residents.
There is a swimming pre-requisite (explained on course flyer).
County Lifeguard wages start at $15.99/hour
Swimmers and water enthusiasts are encouraged to participate!
____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
- Attention all track and field athletes: The weight room will be open every MWF during winter break. It will open at 10 am and is open to all athletes...no previous experience necessary. Other sports are welcome too.
__________________MARINER BULLETIN__________________ FRIDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2014
WILL BE HELD on SATURDAY, JANUARY 24, 2015
If you have any tardies or uncleared absences, you are currently on the EXCLUSION LIST and will not be able to attend the Winter Ball. For every 3 tardies a detention must be served and for every 5 uncleared absences a Saturday School must be served. It is the student's responsibility to keep track of their attendance.
REMEMBER MARINER STUDENTS... It is you responsibility to attend Saturday School if assigned. Students who have Saturday School will be placed on the “EXCLUSION LIST” for the Winter Ball. Students who fail to attend their assigned Saturday School will be assigned On-Campus Suspension or Out-of-School Suspension. The next Saturday School is this Saturday, December 6th. Please check in at the Student Services Office if you have questions. Thank you. Mr Slyder
ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS WHO HAVE TARDIES TO CLEAR UP!...STARTING, MONDAY, DECEMBER 15TH, THERE WILL DOUBLE DETENTIONS (2 HOURS). A DOUBLE DETENTION WILL CLEAR 6 TARDIES AND ANY UNCLEARED DETENTIONS NOT CLEARED BY DECEMBER 19TH, WILL RESULT IN SATURDAY SCHOOL BEING ASSIGNED.
Congratulations to the senior class, led by Mr. Whitwam, for narrowly beating out the sophomores and juniors in the Food Drive contest. Big congrats to the freshmen for raising more money that any other 9th grade class in AHS history. Amazing work to all Mariners for helping the needy in our community.
Winter Ball bids are still the cheapest 1st week price today and tomorrow only! Don't miss another incredible AHS event and get your bids before the price increases. Head on down to the Main Quad at lunch.
Early enrollment deadline for the Study Abroad Summer Program is December 15th. Students can enroll independently in the program of their choice. Please see your Guidance Counselors for more details.
All students who do not have a 1st, 5th or 6th period class but are at school because of bus transportation must go to the library. Students may not “wander around” or “hang out” around the campus. Thank you for your cooperation
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
New Counseling Staff from PVPSA!
We just wanted to introduce ourselves; we're the new counselors from PVPSA. We are all really excited to be here to lend our support, insight, and caring to your personal journey this school year. ...more
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.