______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
- The AHS Local Scholarship Application is now open. There are a variety of scholarships and there may be one that fits you. Please click on the Local Scholarship Application Link on the AHS Homepage and fill out your application today. (2/27)
- Please fill out the scholarship page under Guidance -/Paying for College-Aptos High School Website. Also, Seniors, if you are planning on attending Cabrillo College full time in the Fall, please fill out their scholarship listed on their website. Most scholarships are due Feb 23rd, while others are March 2nd. See Steve Ortiz for further information (library on Tuesdays)
Cabrillo College Application is open for Seniors who will be attending in the Fall of 2015. Please submit your application via online through Cabrillo College website:
____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
- All boys interested in boys volleyball...please meet at lunch on Tuesday, January 27th, in the weight room. Important tryout information will be handed out.
- All boys and girls interested in swimming, please meet at the pool at lunch on Thursday, January 29th. Everyone is welcome.
- Track and Field starts on Monday, February 2nd. Meet in the bleachers at 3:15 pm. No previous experience is required.
- Interested in boys baseball?...Tryouts start on Monday, February 2nd, at 3:15 at the field. Bring your paperwork. Winter athletes...don't stress...we'll see you when your winter sport ends.
- Volleyball tryouts for boys begin on Monday February 2nd, at 3:15 pm in the old gym. All are welcome.
____________COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES____________
This is a COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS opportunity for students.
This weekend, both Saturday and Sunday Jan 31 and Feb 1, from 9am-4pm, we will be working to install a mosaic mural on the cement wall below the tennis courts adjacent to the main parking lot. Earlier this year, AHS Ceramics students created mosaic circles representing various sports. These art pieces are going to add a lot of life and excitement to that part of our campus; we just need some weekend help to make it "stick"
Saturday 9am-4pm will be a focus on: moving supplies to the site from the ceramics studio, then placement of mosaic work and thin-setting (adhering) to the wall
Sunday 9am-4pm will be a focus on: grouting, buffing, and clean-up
Wear old clothes and bring: drinking water, sun hat, sunscreen, knee pads or an old pillow, snacks, a camera
See Ms Birchler for more info if you will be able to help out, so she can prepare appropriately for the crews she is putting together.
__________________MARINER BULLETIN__________________ TUESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2014
WILL BE HELD on SATURDAY, JANUARY 31, 2015
* For every 3 tardies a detention must be served and for every 5 uncleared absences a Saturday School must be served. It is the student's responsibility to keep track of their attendance.
* REMEMBER MARINER STUDENTS... It is you responsibility to attend Saturday School if assigned. Students who fail to attend their assigned Saturday School will be assigned On-Campus Suspension or Out-of-School Suspension. Please check in at the Student Services Office if you have questions. Thank you. Mr Slyder
CONGRATULATIONS TO GIO ZACARIAS FOR PLACING 3RD AT A PRESTIGIOUS MID-CAL TOURNAMENT ON SATURDAY AT GILROY HIGH!
THE ABSOLUTE DEADLINE FOR CSF APPICATIONS FOR SPRING SEMESTER IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH...Do not wait until the last minute! Completed applications must have a copy of last semester's grades and a receipt from the fiscal clerk for $5 attached to the application. Applications are available in the office and in room D-202. They can also be printed from the CSF page in the school's website.
HEY! THIS APPLIES TO ALL STUDENTS...that means freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. If you want to go to Winter Ball but haven't bought your ticket, it's not too late. Tickets are on sale until Thursday, January 29th. You can buy them at lunch in "ASB IN A BOX" by the old gym (main quad). Alice hopes to see you there I Winter Land!
All students who do not have a 1st, 5th or 6th period class but are at school because of bus transportation must go to the library. Students may not “wander around” or “hang out” around the campus. Thank you for your cooperation
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
New Counseling Staff from PVPSA!
We just wanted to introduce ourselves; we're the new counselors from PVPSA. We are all really excited to be here to lend our support, insight, and caring to your personal journey this school year. ...more
- The Boardwalk is hiring game and ride operators (Yeah, I can’t believe we’re hiring this early either.) The job starts on the 21st of December for weekend work. You can apply online at their website www.beachboardwalk.com For more info contact Tish Denevan [mailto:[email protected]]
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.