_____MARINER BULLETIN________SUMMER 2016
There will be NO Saturday school
DETENTION is held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 - 4:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 1:00 - 2:00 pm. There is no detention on Fridays.
REMINDER TO ALL MARINERS...All absences must be cleared within 72 hours. Any absences not cleared by then will result in a Saturday School. Call Attendance to clear at Ext. 5291.
Have a great Summer Mariners!
- Summer school information: 1st semester: June 10th- June 23rd, 2nd semester: June 24th- July 8th at 8:30 am. For additional information call the Extended Learning Department at Ext. 5246, Room E211.
- JUNIORS...Attendance and tardy issues not cleared by the end of the school year will carryover to your Senior year.
____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
- Summer is coming & boardwalk is hiring big this season! Also, now hiring 15 year olds! Variety of jobs including: Ride Operator, Food Service Operator, Ticket Cashier and Parking Lot Attendant and Games & Arcades Operator. Apply online at www.beachboardwalk.com/jobs
- Would you like to have a fun job working at the Beach Boardwalk this summer? MARINI'S at the BEACH is looking for energetic sales associates to hire for the season. You could gain work experience, extra money, build new relationships and be part of an awesome team. Part-time and full time seasonal shifts are open for March 21st thru September 5th. Sales associates merchandise and sell candy, nuts and beverages at 7 locations on the boardwalk. Apply in person at 400 Beach Street (next to the arcade), send an email or resume to [email protected] or pick up an application in the office (by Silvia's desk).
Twisselman Enterprises at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is now hiring students. For great pay, flexible schedules and lifetime memories, apply at www.twisselman.com or call 426-7333 for more info. Starting pay: over 18: $11.25 16-17 year olds: $11.00 14-15 year olds: $10.25
Now is your chance to get a job with the award-winning employer in Santa Cruz: Whiting's Foods has won awards for all they do to create an environment that is both engaging for students and give you real-life and necessary skills. It is truly MORE than a summer job! They are currently hiring for weekends and summer. Apply online at http://www.whitingsfoods.com
____________COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES____________
NEED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS?
Volunteer opportunities at Beloved Baskets & Decor. Work with retired residence, veterans, homeless, teens, and other members within our community! Get more information at http://www.beloved-baskets-decor.com or email [email protected]
Help in the Walnut Avenue Family & Woman's Center program serving infants-preschool age children! You can volunteer in the classroom helping the teachers with art activities, reading to children, helping with lunch time, cleaning and playing with children. Call (831)426-3062 Ext: 207 or email [email protected]
Strawberry Festival volunteers needed to help with the annual event in downtown Santa Cruz on Saturday, June 25th, 2016. Call (831)426-3062 Ext: 211 or email [email protected]
Do you have an interest in working with children, early childhood development, pr, marketing, outreach or exhibit design?...Then spend some time volunteering at the Santa Cruz Museum Of Discovery. Please see your counselor for more information!
Santa Cruz Public Library is looking for volunteers for their library. Contact Jason Pell, SCPL Assistant Volunteer coordinator at [email protected], 427-7700 x7615.
Are you great with technology? use your skills with technology and social media to assist seniors with their digital devices. For more info contact Desiree at [email protected] or call 427-5066. (Watsonville Hospital Senior Center, 75 Nielson Street, Watsonville)
Reading Buddies Project is looking for reading tutors for grades K-2 and is open to youth ages 11-18. For more info contact Desiree Farnal at [email protected] 427-5066.
Non paid Hours completed at an agency or organization will count as Community Service.
|Organization||Contact Person||Min. Age|
|Volunteer Centers of Santa Cruz||www.scvolunteercenter.org|
|Adelante (AKA) La Manzana Community||Saul Ramos/Olivia Martinez 724-2997, Ext. 202||16|
|City of Watsonville||Site Administrator for each site||N/A|
|City of Watsonville Volunteer Program||Watsonville Civic Plaza www.ci.watsonville,ca.us Application||N/A|
|Community Alliance w/Family Farmers||Jenny Hansen 761-8507 or c/254-3112||N/A|
|Elkhorn Slough Foundation||Jack or Marian 728-2822||N/A|
|Graffiti Removal Project||Jerry Shanahan 722-7771||N/A|
|Junior Volunteers||Anna Amorim 722-6708||11|
|PV Children's Center||Sandra/Christina 722-3737||12|
|PVUSD||School Site Administrator at any school site||N/A|
|Salud Para La Gente||Annette Grant 239-1796||N/A|
|Santa Cruz County Fair||Judy/Yvette 724-5671||16|
|Santa Cruz Outdoor Science School||Dan Dickman 728-6390, Ext. 241||16|
|Second Harvest Food Bank||Erika Flores 662-0991||14|
|Watsonville First United Methodist Church||Rev. Robin Mathew-Johnson 724-4434||N/A|
|YwCA Thrift Shop||Ginny 724-6078|
|YWCA Child Care||768-0900||16|
|YWCA McQuiddy||Gail Knapp 763-0624||17|
|YWCA of Watsonville||Mireya Gomez 724-6078, Ext. 104||16|
|Youth Center||Juan Mendoza 728-6126||N/A|
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
New Counseling Staff from PVPSA!
We just wanted to introduce ourselves; we're the new counselors from PVPSA. We are all really excited to be here to lend our support, insight, and caring to your personal journey this school year. ...more
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.
All students who do not have a 1st, 5th or 6th period class but are at school because of bus transportation must go to the library. Students may not “wander around” or “hang out” around the campus. Thank you for your cooperation