______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
Seniors...Any absences that were not cleared from last year have rolled over to this school year. Check your attendance to see if you have any that needs to be cleared. There is Saturday School on September 6th, for those needing to clear any absences.
Please check the Guidance Section below for available scholarships.
____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
There is still time to come out for our CCS Champion Boys and Girls Cross Country team. Everyone is welcome! Meet at the football stands at 3:10 pm each day.
INTERESTED IN PLAYING BASKETBALL THIS SEASON?...All boys interested...please come to a short lunch time meeting on September 5th, in C-105 to discuss pre-season conditioning and open gyms.
__________________MARINER BULLETIN__________________ Friday, August 29, 2014
SATURDAY SCHOOL WILL NOT be held on AUGUST 30, 2014
- AFTER SCHOOL APTOS HIGH ROCK BAND (The Shredders) auditions will be held on Wednesday, September 10th, at 2:30 pm in the choir room (F-200). We will be looking for male and female vocalists, bassists, drummers, keyboardists and guitarists.
- PICTURE RETAKES...will be held on Wednesday, September 3rd, in the cafeteria. Call slips will be sent out on Tuesday. Did you take your picture and forget to order them? It's not too late! Pick up your form in the office.
Homecoming is in full force!
ASB WELCOMES ANY ORGANIZATION...on campus to participate in this year's "Homecoming Parade". See Ms. Wright in the ASB room (E-101) for details.
- 9th graders, are you interested in being a leader for your Freshman class?...If so, consider running for President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer. Pick up forms from the ASB classroom in room E101."
- REMINDER TO STUDENT ABOUT PARKING ON CAMPUS...Ticketing begins today. Be sure your permit is on display in the appropriate place on your vehicle's window.
STUDENT REMINDER...The mandatory first page of your Student Planner is due and should be turned in to your tutorial teacher on Thursday.
CSF DEADLINE...for applications is Monday, September 15th. Application with a copy of spring semester grades and a receipt for $5 froml the fiscal clerk must be submitted to Mr. Johnson in D-202 or to his mailbox in the main office. Freshmen who were CJSF Honor Graduates can also apply.
Interested in seeing great films in a great setting, for free?...Join Ms. Aronovici for Movie Tuesdays (and some Mondays). We will be showing a film from a different genre every other week or so in room T100 in the theatre building. We have a sweet set up with a dark room, a big screen and surround sound! A list of upcoming films and running times are posted on the bulletin board outside room T100. The viewings are open to any students, staff, or parents of AHS. Snacks available for a small donation to support the film class.
ZUMBA FUNDRAISER...will be held on September 7th, from 11:00 am to 12 pm. Fundraiser is to help pay for costumes and choreography throughout the year. Anthony LaFrance will be teaching a fun, high energy 1 hour hip hop ZUMBA class. $10 per person and all proceeds go to Aptos Dance Team.
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
1. Scholarship Points - $10,000 – 1 Award (Deadline: August 31, 2014)
A) Must be attending an accredited post-secondary institution by the fall of 2014 at the latest.
B) Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a program that is at least two years in length. Applications can be found by going to:
2. Arctic Physical Therapy Scholarship - $500 – 1 Award (Deadline: August 31, 2014)
A) Be attending college or university no later than January of 2015.
B) Be attending college or university on a full-time or part-time basis by January of 2015.
C) Have achieved a GPA of 3.0 or greater during their last academic year. Applications can be found by going to:
3. Odenza Marketing Group Scholarship - $500 – 1 Award (Deadline: September 30, 2014)
A) Be between the ages of 16 and 25 on September 30th, 2014
B) Submit answers to the essay questions, which can be found on the application page, prior to the September 30th, 2014 deadline.
C) Have at least one full year of post secondary studies remaining at the time of the award. (Current High School Students are also eligible.) Applications can be found by going to:
____________COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES____________
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.