____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
ATTENTION ALL NON-FALL ATHLETES INTERESTED IN JOINING WRESTLING THIS YEAR...Coach Reggie will be opening the weight room on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school for pre-season strength building. See Coach Reggie in I-107 for any questions.
__________________MARINER BULLETIN__________________ Tuesday, September 30, 2014
SATURDAY SCHOOL WILL BE HELD on OCTOBER 4, 2014
- The school's internet will be suspended for all students who have not turned in the agreement form (page 1) of their Student Planner. Service will not be activated until it is turned into Mr. Slyder.
- DEBATE TEAM...will be holding a brief meeting at the beginning of lunch on Tuesday, September 30th. Please bring your permission slips as soon as possible!
We have an exciting event coming up. Not one, but two acclaimed young adult authors Paolo Bacigalupi and A.S. King will be in the PAC Thursday October 16th, during tutorial, to discuss their new novels. If you would like to attend, please ask your tutorial teachers for a pass and tutorial teachers feel free to bring your whole class to the event. If you are interested in purchasing an autographed copy of their newest books, order forms are available in the library. 15% of sales go back to Aptos High Library. All order forms must be returned to the library by October 10th.
- COFFEE HOUSE MUSIC TALENT SHOW...THURSDAY, OCTOBER 2ND, IN THE PAC. DOORS OPEN AT 6:30 PM. PERFORMANCE AT 7:00 PM. THERE WILL BE FEATURED ACTS FROM CONCERT, TREBLE, SHOW AND JUNIOR HIGH CHOIRS. ADMISSION IS $8/GENERAL; 5/STUDENT. FREE COFFEE WITH ADMISSION. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU THERE!
NEED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS...Check the Community Service section below.
- RED CROSS...will be meeting on Thursday, October 2nd, in room G-103 during lunch. Everyone is welcome.
- Interested in finding out of ways to volunteer in your community?...Join Interact Club...go to Mr. Whitwam's room (C-106) during lunch to get more information..
____________COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES____________
- Friends of Hospice will be hosting their annual Oktoberfest on Sunday, October 5, 2014, at the Elks Lodge in Santa Cruz. All proceeds from the event will benefit Hospice of Santa Cruz County. We are looking for volunteers to help with this event. We will need some students to assist with our computer check out process, students who can load merchandise, and students who can aid in the various clean up chores after the event. Student volunteers will be expected to work in 3 to 4 hours shifts between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Any help that Aptos High students can give us will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact me at (831) 688-0670 or via return email. Thank you, Shirley Pickle...Friends of Hospice (10/3)
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
1.. Odenza Marketing Group Scholarship - $500 – 1 Award (Deadline: September 30, 2014)
A) Be between the ages of 16 and 25 on September 30th, 2014
B) Submit answers to the essay questions, which can be found on the application page, prior to the September 30th, 2014 deadline.
C) Have at least one full year of post secondary studies remaining at the time of the award. (Current High School Students are also eligible.) Applications can be found by going to:
New Counseling Staff from PVPSA!
We just wanted to introduce ourselves; we're the new counselors from PVPSA. We are all really excited to be here to lend our support, insight, and caring to your personal journey this school year. ...more
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.
UPCOMING MARINER PARENT EVENTS
______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
Please check the Guidance Section below for available scholarships.