______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
- The Yearbook Staff needs your help to create the BEST SENIOR SECTION EVER! Here's what we need from you:
- A favorite QUOTE, submitted ONLINE (NOT through your English teacher)
- A Baby picture (or one from early childhood), submitted ONLINE
- Be sure you have had your Senior portrait taken by the Van Zantes
A flyer with all of the information and the links you need will be distributed this week during tutorial. Please see Ms. Aronovici if you have any questions! The deadline for all is Friday, October 31.
SEE GUIDANCE SECTION...for updatedcollege visits coming up.
____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
All boys interested in playing basketball...please come to a lunchtime meeting on Tuesday, October 28th, in room C-105. We will be discussing the up coming season.
There will be a short meeting on Tuesday, October 28th, for any student wishing to sign up for wrestling. See Coach Reggie in I-107 for details if you cannot make it. Season begins on November 2rd.
__________________MARINER BULLETIN__________________ Friday, October 24, 2014
SATURDAY SCHOOL WILL BE HELD on OCTOBER 25, 2014
- The school's internet will be suspended for all students who have not turned in the agreement form (page 1) of their Student Planner. Service will not be activated until it is turned into Mr. Slyder.
- Aptos High is having a Blood Drive on Tuesday, October 28th, in the Warmerdam gym. If you are donating bring your ID and eat a HUGH BREAKFAST! If you want to donate, we are welcoming walk-ins!
- YOU THINK YOU'RE TUFF? YOU THINK YOU'RE BAD? YOU THINK YOU KNOW PAIN?...Come TRI triathlons! We will be meeting at the pool during lunch on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month.
- "To Be or Not To Be" -- "All the World's a Stage" -- "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?"-- These famous lines come from 3 of Shakespeare's most famous plays, Hamlet, As You Like It, and Romeo And Juliet. Next weekend for only 4 performances , the AHS Theatre Arts D. will present one-act versions of all three of these plays in one performance. All the romance, comedy, tragdey and sword fighting will be on display! Come see the shows on Wednesday, Oct. 29 at 7 PM, Thursday, Oct. 30 at 7 PM, or Saturday, Nov. 1 at 3 PM and 7 PM. Tickets are only $5 and are available at the door 1/2 hour before the show starts!
Mariners! Don't miss out on a super fun movie night in the cafeteria Tuesday 10/28. It's only $5 and you can see either Halloweentown that starts at 4:30 or The Conjuring that starts at 6:30! Or you can stay for both. What a deal! We will sell snacks and have other fun things going on. Don't miss out on a chance to hang out with you classmates and watch a good movie.
If you are interested in purchasing an autographed copy of one or both of the books by the amazing authors who visited here on Thursday, Cheryl has them in the library. The library will receive 15% of any sales.
- NEED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS...Check the Community Service section below.
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
- Santa Clara University will be visiting AHS on Friday, October 24th at lunchtime in the Library.
- Cabrillo College Tuesday, October 28th at lunch in the Library. Also, on that Tuesday University of Colorado, Boulder will be here from 2:15 from 3:15 in the main quad.
- Whitman College (Washington) on Tuesday, October 28 in the LIbrary at lunch
Thursday, October 30th, Menlo College during break in the lower quad (this is the only time he could come to AHS and I assume there's more foot-traffic in quad at break since his visit will be super short.)
- Chapman College will be visiting AHS on Monday, November 3rd at lunchtime in the Library.
- SP Jain Global College Wednesday, November 5th 11:45 - 12:30 in the quad.
- University of Redlands on Wednesday, November 5th at noon in the quad
UC Merced will be visiting us during college and career week (Nov 3-7th) during tutorial in the PAC. On Friday
November 7th, UC will be speaking about all UC systems. All students are welcome, you must have a tutorial pass, so plan ahead.
- CSU San Jose will be visiting us during college and career week (Nov 3-7th) during tutorial in the PAC
- On Monday, November 3rd at the end of the day the University of Hawaii will visit.
- Mills College will be in the Library at lunch on Monday, November 3rd, along with Chapman College.
- LaVerne University will be visiting AHS on Tuesday, November 4th at lunchtime in the Library.
- University of Oregon will be here On Wednesday, November 5th during break in the main quad.
On Thursday, November 6th, CSU will be speaking about all CSU systems. All students are welcome, you must have a tutorial pass, so plan ahead.
Friday, November 7th, University of San Francisco at lunchtime in the Library
Cabrillo Public Safety (Fire Science, Criminal Justice, EMS training) will be visiting on Friday, November 14th, at lunchtime in the Library.
Southern Oregon University will be visiting Aptos High on Monday, November 17th at lunchtime in the Library.
Students take a moment and go check these schools, you never know what's out there until you look!
New Counseling Staff from PVPSA!
We just wanted to introduce ourselves; we're the new counselors from PVPSA. We are all really excited to be here to lend our support, insight, and caring to your personal journey this school year. ...more
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.