______________IMPORTANT SENIOR INFORMATION______________
- ATTENTION SENIORS!... Please pick up your graduation order forms from your government teacher (Vitol or Whitwam) THIS week. Complete your order and turn in your money on November 6 or November 7 in the upper quad in front of the ASB room.
Senior Students: The Cabrillo College Networking and System Administration department will hold a Tech Meet Up on Friday, November 21st. at 12 noon. These careers are in high demand and lead to good paying jobs! If you cannot make it, please see your counselor for more information.
- The Yearbook Staff needs your help to create the BEST SENIOR SECTION EVER! Here's what we need from you:
- A favorite QUOTE, submitted ONLINE (NOT through your English teacher)
- A Baby picture (or one from early childhood), submitted ONLINE
- Be sure you have had your Senior portrait taken by the Van Zantes
A flyer with all of the information and the links you need will be distributed this week during tutorial. Please see Ms. Aronovici if you have any questions! The deadline for all has been extended to November 14th..
SEE GUIDANCE SECTION...for college visits coming up.
____________________ATHLETICS NOTES____________________ Join a Team and Make New Friends
Girls JV and Varsity Basketball tryouts being held on:
Monday, November 3rd 3:15 - 5:15 pm
Tuesday, November 4th 3:15 - 5:15 pm
Wednesday, November 15th 1:15 - 3:15 pm
All tryouts will be held in the old gym. You must have a sports physical to tryout. We hope to see you there!
__________________MARINER BULLETIN__________________ Friday, October 31, 2014
SATURDAY SCHOOL WILL BE HELD on SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2014
- The school's internet will be suspended for all students who have not turned in the agreement form (page 1) of their Student Planner. Service will not be activated until it is turned into Mr. Slyder.
- ATTENTION ALL STUDENT DRIVERS...Sorry for the inconvenience, but both sides of the center row of the upper lot have been temporarily designated as staff parking due to work on the solar panels (signs are posted). Students who park there will be ticketed.
- " The Receptive Empaths and Psychics Club will be having card readings for your entertainment today in the main quad at lunch...Readings will be 1 card for 1 dollar and 3 cards for 2 dollar"
- "To Be or Not To Be" -- "All the World's a Stage" -- "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?"-- These famous lines come from 3 of Shakespeare's most famous plays, Hamlet, As You Like It, and Romeo And Juliet. Next weekend for only 4 performances , the AHS Theatre Arts D. will present one-act versions of all three of these plays in one performance. All the romance, comedy, tragdey and sword fighting will be on display! Come see the shows on Wednesday, Oct. 29 at 7 PM, Thursday, Oct. 30 at 7 PM, or Saturday, Nov. 1 at 3 PM and 7 PM. Tickets are only $5 and are available at the door 1/2 hour before the show starts!
- NEED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS...Check the Community Service section below.
__________________GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT__________________ (Academic Support)
- Chapman College will be visiting AHS on Monday, November 3rd at lunchtime in the Library.
Mills College will be in the Library at lunch on Monday, November 3rd.Cancelled
- On Monday, November 3rd at the end of the day the University of Hawaii will visit.
- CSU San Jose will be visiting us during college and career week (Nov 3-7th) during tutorial in the PAC
- UC Merced will be visiting us during college and career week (Nov 3-7th) during tutorial in the PAC.
- LaVerne University will be visiting AHS on Tuesday, November 4th at lunchtime in the Library.
- SP Jain Global College Wednesday, November 5th 11:45 - 12:30 in the quad.
- University of Redlands on Wednesday, November 5th at noon in the quad
University of Oregon will be here On Wednesday, November 5th during break in the main quad.
On Thursday, November 6th, CSU will be speaking about all CSU systems. All students are welcome, you must have a tutorial pass, so plan ahead.
On Friday, November 7th, UC will be speaking about all UC systems. All students are welcome, you must have a tutorial pass, so plan ahead.
Friday, November 7th, University of San Francisco at lunchtime in the Library
Cabrillo Public Safety (Fire Science, Criminal Justice, EMS training) will be visiting on Friday, November 14th, at lunchtime in the Library.
Southern Oregon University will be visiting Aptos High on Monday, November 17th at lunchtime in the Library.
Students take a moment and go check these schools, you never know what's out there until you look!
New Counseling Staff from PVPSA!
We just wanted to introduce ourselves; we're the new counselors from PVPSA. We are all really excited to be here to lend our support, insight, and caring to your personal journey this school year. ...more
___________________CONGRATULATIONS___________________ Mariner Pride Winners
Show your SCHOOL PRIDE by wearing your MARINER WEAR every Friday for a chance to win $20.
- DRIVING & PARKING ON CAMPUS ALERT TICKETING IS IN EFFECT...Vehicles not adhering to all parking and driving regulations are subject to ticketing or towing!
ABSENCES MUST BE CLEARED WITHIN 72 HOURS 5 unexcusted absences equal 1 Saturday School so be sure to check your attendance on a regular basis. If you have 5 or more uncleared absences, just show up and sign in for Saturday School. Students are responsible for keeping track of their attendance.